If you’ve never been in a serious accident it can be easy to say you don’t need a personal injury lawyer, but when the smoke clears and you wake up in a hospital bed with serious injuries, the last thing on your mind should be getting all of the paperwork in order for your personal injury claim. Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that after an accident, no one is on your side. That’s not exactly a comforting thought when you’re overwhelmed with hospital bills and the burden of recovery. There are plenty of reasons to hire a personal injury attorney to handle your Marietta car accident and here is a list of nine:
1. Experience: A personal injury lawyer has gone through the process before. They have likely been part of cases that were similar to yours and can use that experience to influence the decision making process in your case. There will be many decisions for you to make, and the more experienced your lawyer is, the easier it will be for you to make educated decisions in your case.
2. Attention to Detail: A personal injury firm is less likely to overlook details in any contracts or settlements because they understand fully what every part of the contract means. They will be able to catch any parts of a contract that aren’t in your favor and negotiate for better terms.
3. Complicated: The legal process is long and complicated. An attorney will know the ins and outs and will know what to expect and how best to prepare. There are plenty of deadlines to keep track of and a ton of paperwork. An experienced personal injury attorney will know the entire process and be able to plan for all of the steps.
4. Impartial: Your personal injury attorney will not be as emotionally invested as you are in your case. Emotions tend to cloud a person’s judgement and can lead to mistakes. Having a personal injury attorney allows you to trust an impartial party who will not be making decisions based on anger or any other emotion.
5. Alternatives: Not all personal injury cases require a long drawn out battle with insurance companies. Your lawyer will understand all of the alternatives available to you and will be able to advise you on when these alternatives are best.
6. Insider Insights: Insurance companies on the other side of the table will have lawyers, so hiring your own lawyer will ensure you understand what is going on and what tactics they might use to try to deny you your rights. Your attorney will also know when they are offering you the highest settlement you are likely to get, which will help you respond accordingly.
7. Insurance Companies: A personal injury attorney has worked with insurance companies before. They will understand what needs to happen in order to protect your rights.
8. Reputation: Hiring a well known personal injury attorney that is known for winning cases could prompt an insurance company to settle much earlier and for much more money than they typically would.
9. Time: When you’ve been injured, you need time to recover without worrying about all the documents and deadlines that will be coming up. It is important that you have help with all of the paperwork so that you can recover as best as you can.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Cobb County car accident, call Atlanta personal injury lawyers at The Patterson Cozzo Law Firm at (770) 422-8840.